Posts tagged: Holiday
The most popular Mother's Day flowers are roses, tulips, and peonies, which our head designer utilizes in many of the spring arrangements we offer. However, if you really want to stand out and potentially win the "Favorite Child" award this Mother's Day, check out our head designer's suggested bouquets that are guaranteed to wow your Mom. Go ahead and send a bouquet as special as she is!
Mother’s Day is around the corner, and there can be a lot of pressure to find a gift as special as your mom. But, there is no need to stress.
Who doesn’t love receiving fresh flowers? For Mother’s Day, getting your mom (or grandmother or aunt) a stunning bouquet of fresh seasonal blooms is the best gift. A beautiful flower arrangement will instantly put a smile on anyone’s face, and is the best way to show your mother how much she means to you.
While some may argue that going to your local florist or grocery store is the way to go, not all of us have time for that in our busy schedules. Also, maybe your Mom lives in a different city and you won’t be able to make it home this Mother’s Day. There is no need to fret. Nowadays, it’s easier than ever to order fresh blooms online that will show up right to your Mom’s doorstep. While there are lots of options for online florists, you want to keep a couple of things in mind when deciding who to order from.
- Delivery Time – You need to plan ahead when ordering blooms online. At Florious, we require a 5 day lead time. This allows us to select the freshest flowers for your Mother’s Day bouquet.
- Delivery Area – Flowers make the perfect gift for Mother’s Day if you live far away from your mom and can’t be there to celebrate. Florious currently delivers in the Northeast US (Vermont to Washington DC).
- Flower Quality – You may be worried that the flowers you order online won’t be up to par with what your local florist or grocery store will have, but you don’t have to worry. At Florious, we use higher grade flowers such as roses with larger heads and thicker stems that will last longer in your vase than your typical bodega bunch. We also use more unique varieties of flowers and greens, like protea and rosemary, which really make our bouquets something special that your mom will love. We use the best blooms of the season to create stunning bouquets.
Take a look at some of our favorite spring bouquets that are sure to put a big smile on your mom’s face this Mother’s Day. Order one of the bouquets below and your order will show up on your Mom’s doorstep in time and you won’t have to worry about a thing!
Our Viola bouquet is a celebration of the textures and scents of spring! Scabiosa, Thistle, lavender roses and protea are paired with fragrant lavender, rosemary and eucalyptus. It's the perfect gift for someone who likes their flowers to be a little different than the rest.
Composed of elegant pink tulips and soft bunny tails grass finished with huckleberry foliage, our Andie bouquet is pretty in pink! The perfect gift for the Mom who has everything and a celebration of spring!
Ruffly orange roses and pink peonies are combined with bright mini green hydrangeas and mint and finished with hickleberry foliage in this colorful bouquet inspired by the mother from Verdi's opera, Il Trovatore. Not sure what flowers are your Mother's favorites? Peonies are always a terrific pick!
The holiday season is upon us, and that mean it's time to entertain! Whether you are hosting one or attending an event, we've got some great tips to be a great guest and host this season!
1. To score MVP Status as a Guest – Send flowers to arrive before you do. Chances are, your host is a little bit stressed out with party details so why not send a bouquet a day or two before the party? It gives your host one less thing to worry about picking up or ordering for the party, and gives them time to find the perfect place for your arrangement, rather than shoving it somewhere while they finish carving the turkey, pouring the wine, and chatting up the other guests.
2. To Make Sure That Your Space is Ready to Wow – You’ve hidden the clutter, cleaned every surface, stocked up on utensils, paper goods, snacks and drinks, so now it’s time for the finishing touches. A wreath on the door is a great way to great your guests and set the holiday tone before they even enter the party, and a beautifully laid table with a stunning centerpiece will draw them in. If we had to choose our favorite spot for flowers when we’re entertaining, though, it would definitely be the guest bathroom. It’s a nice surprise in a room that we often forget about once it’s clean, and everybody ends up there eventually, so they’ll definitely be noticed!
3. To Set an Insta-Worthy Table –Who doesn’t want their guests oohing, aahing, and snapping selfies with their table? While your table style will vary according to your space and personality, there are definitely a few elements to include that will make this year’s holiday table next level.
Actually Set a Full Place Setting – Glassware, dinnerware flatware, a napkin fancily folded with the help of a youtube video – style each place setting ahead of time. It feels more sophisticated than just grabbing a plate to eat and definitely sets your tone.
Mix and Match – Don’t be afraid to use a seasonal salad plate with your regular service, or (our favorite trick) have your water glass be a different color than your wine glasses. Have two china patterns? Mix the dinner plate from one and the salad plate from another at one place setting and then switch it up on the seat next to it. It makes the table more interesting and lends dimension to those insta-pics.
Don’t Forget the Flowers – Have a centerpiece, or a few small arrangements interspersed with votive candles on the table to elevate your look and bring the season to the table. They will guarantee those likes on social media! We love to include elements like fresh herbs in our centerpieces for texture and to whet guests’ appetites with the scent before anything is served. Pro-tip: If you’re serving family-style, lay your serving dishes out with the flowers the night before to make sure that you have the right spacing.
Choose a finishing touch – Place cards, a printed menu, napkin rings, Christmas crackers – finish off your table with something that personalizes it and lets you show off your personality and creativity!
We've got everything you need to own this holiday season at MyFlorious.com, so get your holiday orders out of the way today!